Wednesday, February 15, 2012

CVS coupon machine

CVS has a magic coupon machine in the front of most of their stores, which also doubles as their price checker. You can scan your red Extra Care card in the machine, and multiple coupons will print out of it. Make sure you scan your card a few times so you get all the coupons that are available for the day. These coupons are considers 'store coupons", meaning you can combine them with a manufactures coupon when purchasing one item (read this explanation HERE). This is the best way to maximize your savings at CVS. Take advantage of it, and you will find that you will get the occasional 'free item' coupons, and coupons to save money off of your total bill ( like their "Save $.00 of off a $20.00 purchase" coupon) I have gotten lots of totally free item from this little machine!










For example, today at CVS I got a coupon that printed out of the machine to "Buy one Aquafresh toothpaste get one free". I had two manufacturers coupons to save '75 cents off of any Aquafresh product"........AND there was a 25% off sale on selected Aquafresh toothpastes. Triple whammy!




 These pastes were marked down to $3.64 each, and after applying my BOGO coupon AND two 75 cent off coupons (one per item is allowed), my final cost was only $2.14, or ONE DOLLAR AND SEVEN CENTS EACH!! Not too bad!





An ode to my favorite card-haiku version:

 
My red plastic card
Puts money back in my hand
 Rolling in the dough

No comments:

Post a Comment