Saturday, November 12, 2011

Baby formula can be expensive. I do not use it, partially for that reason (and many other reasons).....that is for a whole other blog entry though :-)

Here is a way to save money on Similac formula....

Go to the Similac website and sign up for the "Strong Mom's Club". They will mail you a welcome package with powdered formula. Usually it is a full size container of the powdered stuff, which retails for over $20.  Then, they will mail you four $5 checks that are good towards any Similac purchase. I apply the checks towards the smaller containers and usually get them totally FREE! You can sign up to their club over and over again, if you use different email addresses too!!

***Just be warned, the checks they send you are real checks, and have your name printed on them. So dont type in a funny but inappropriate name, when signing up online or your cashier may give you a weird look. I may or my not have learned that the hard way.

<---------This little can is concentrated liquid formula. You must dilute it with water before serving. Once you mix it, it becomes 26 ounces of formula. Don't ask me how many days that will last you! I have no idea. I have only found this product sold at Kroger and Hiller's so far.

They are usually EXACTLY $5.00, so they end up being free when you use the $5 check that Similac sends you.






<------ This product is pre-mixed liquid formula, that is ready to feed. It is typically available everywhere that I shop at. They are usually priced at $5.50 to $9.50, but sometimes are on sale for just $5. Once again, I do not know how many days/feedings the container lasts for.



Similac also puts out manufactures coupons in the Sunday paper every couple of months (for $2 or $5), and I have been able to apply one check and one coupon together to purchase one single item!

Over all, these liquid formulas are pricey, when compared to the powdered kind. However, you can get them for totally FREE if you use the coupons from Similac. I donate this stuff to my local women's shelter, where I am sure it is put to good use!

No comments:

Post a Comment