Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My week of convenience foods......

These little guys were on sale at Meijer a few weeks ago, and since they are a new product I was able to get them for a great deal (remember....new product+high value coupon+debut sale=HUGE $AVINGS!!).

I shall dub this product "The lazy man's muffin mix". You pour a half cup of water in the container, shake, and pour into muffin pan. No mixer needed. No bowls or spoons to clean. The only 'issue' I had with this muffin mix is that the batter is too thick to really pour. I used a butter knife to scrape the batter into my mini muffin pan. One container of mix made 12 mini muffins. They were great!



I previously mentioned that I scored an awesome deal on some frozen Dole fruit smoothie shakers.. This is also a newer product, so I was able to buy them for about a dollar each at Meijer. This is actually very similar to the muffin mix I just talked about. You unscrew the lid, add orange juice, and shake! The only snafu I had with it, is that I had to stab the frozen mix with a butter knife a bunch of time to break up the pieces and allow the OJ to blend in and create a smoothie. It was well worth the effort though, because they taste great!

So overall I am pleased with my venture into the world of 'shakeable' foods! Just don't forget to pack your butter knife!

No comments:

Post a Comment