Friday, December 16, 2011

Easy toddler meals

Lots of companies make 'toddler meals' like Earth's Best, Gerber, Compleats etc. They are easy to serve and convienient to travel with, but making your own meals is fun, healthier, and less expensive than buying the pre-made stuff! Here is what I will show you how to make....... 

"Whole wheat pasta with a very veggie sauce".

1. Boil your noodles....any type works: wagon wheel, penne, spaghetti etc.

2. Add a little bit of olive oil to a large frying pan, and cook some diced fresh veggies until soft.
--I used carrot, onion and zucchini in my recipe.....

3. When the veggies are ready, either puree them in a food processor to make a smooth sauce, or leave them in chunks to make a chunky sauce. Either way, add your spaghetti sauce to the pan with the veggies. Cooked meat and/or cheeses could be added to the sauce at this point.



4. The rest of this is pretty easy. Mix the sauce and the noodles together, and portion it all into little freezer-safe storage containers. Into the freezer they go!  Here is my finished product:




This whole entire process took less than an hour, and yeilded me about 2 weeks worth of the "on the go" food that I require for my little pasta eater! You can always double your batch to make twice the amount of meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment