Sunday, December 18, 2011

Gifts in a jar.....cookie edition

You will need:
1. 12 quart sized glass mason jars-- I have seen these available at Kroger and Meijer.
2. A funnel- Or a rolled up piece of paper in my case
3. Decorations for the finished jars: Ribbon, stickers, mini candy canes etc.
4. The ingredients for the recipe that you choose--Google search "Gifts in a jar" to browse recipes

The recipe I chose can be found Here.

Start out by layer the ingriedient in a color-contrasting pattern.....



Layer, layer, layer.....make sure you smooth out and press down on each layer with a spoon before you add the next layer. When you are done, the jars will look something like this....
Here is an example of one of the jars I decorated in a Hello Kitty theme, which is perfect for the younger people I am going to give these to. I also have also attached small ornaments, cookie cutters, and candy canes to ribbon in the past.

Attach a card to each jar that tells people how to finish preparing their gift and the cooking instructions!

No comments:

Post a Comment