Thursday, December 1, 2011

Shopping at the hospital.....

Sounds weird, right? Well here in SE Michigan hospitals are seemingly everywhere, and where there is a hospital, there is an outpatient pharmacy. Think of it as the hospital's CVS (except they don't take coupons). Personally, my family's physicians are located right in the hospital near us.

Today I was at a conference in a hospital, and walked in the outpatient pharmacy to buy some cough drops....boy was I surprised. A nice sized bag of Halls was less than $1.50! Everything there was so cheap! The cashier said that it was because the hospital bought and sold everything 'at cost' without crazy mark-ups! I will return tomorrow for another day of this conference and may just go back by the pharmacy and see what other deals I can find!

No comments:

Post a Comment