Monday, October 17, 2011

CVS deals: Week of October 16th

CVS has a deal this week, where if you spend $30 on a variety of selected items you earn a $10 gift card of your choice. The gift cards are for restaurants, visa/mastercard gift card, or even a CVS giftcard.  Most of the items selected in this deal are even on sale. The weekly ad can be seen RIGHT HERE.

To maximize my savings I split my purchases into three transactions.

Transaction #1 was the big $30 spending deal, where I earned my free gift card. The great part about this deal is that you just need to have a minimum purchase of $30 dollars BEFORE coupons to get your $10 gift card. So depending on what you buy, you may really only be spending $15 or $20 dollars total after coupons on your transaction. I focused mostly on Pampers diapers, toilet paper, and (delicious) Simply Asia Meals, because I had coupons for those items. I ended up only really paying $25 dollars, and getting a $10 American Express giftcard.

Transaction #2 was a single item transaction. I am a sucker for "As Seen on TV" items and little automatic gadgets. Don't judge me. I decided to get this little gem, which is on sale for $11.99: A Lysol soap dispenser. After taking off $10.00 by using my new gift card, and 75 cents from a coupon from Lysol's official website, my total for this purchase was ONE DOLLAR AND NINTY-SIX CENTS!! This week you can also get $8 dollars in Extra Bucks if you buy one of these. Awesome!


Transaction #3 was was one jumbo pack of Pamper's diapers. They were on sale for $8.99. I used my new $8 Extra Bucks coupon that I earned in transaction #2. My total ended up being ONE DOLLAR AND FIFTY-EIGHT CENTS!! I ran out of Pampers coupons at this point, but these would have been totally free if I had another Pampers coupon. Oh well! Not too shabby for a last minute shopping trip.

To summarize the savings, I spent about $29 and saved over $30 !

No comments:

Post a Comment