Friday, October 14, 2011

Easy toddler meal ideas.....

 Sometimes there is just nothing readily available to feed my 14 month old, or pack in her lunch for daycare. Sure, there's always leftovers available, but not always something that is "kid-friendly". Case in point.....today's refrigerator findings at my house include spicy shredded chicken and hot and sour shrimp soup. Neither of which she would be allowed to eat. Gerber has a solution. See that little meal in a cup over there to the left?? So easy to store, heat, and eat.

But at the same time, they are: overpriced, tasteless, and super processed. Here is what I have been doing lately......


I bought a bunch of these little cups:

........and  I pack them full of food and freeze them. I usually just freeze whatever leftovers we have of a dinner that my little lady seems to like. Or, I just make something like spaghetti and portion into several containers all at the same time.

READ THIS ARTICLE FOR TIPS ON FREEZING COOKED FOOD


******A big hit at dinner this week, that is now portioned into tiny cups in my freezer, was this recipe for Mostacholi. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment