Thursday, October 13, 2011

It pays to complain sometimes

I recently have started buying Huggies diapers. Yes, those overpriced name brand diapers with the pretty pictures on them. I have always been a Target Brand diaper lover. And with good reason....they are so cheap, and work great. You can get over 100 of them for $19.99.

I never really looked into buying any of the big name brand diapers until recently, when I noticed that CVS has a lot of sales and store coupons specifically for Huggies. Usually the Jumbo packs are $11.99 per pack, but often are on sale for about $9, "buy one get one for half off", or even clearance priced. The Extracare coupon machine in the store even prints coupons out for Huggies brand diapers! Also, they even have this deal where for every 6 packs of diapers you buy, you get one for free. So I have begun accumulating diapers through couponing left and right. Why not? They wont expire and they will DEFINITELY get used.

When you combine all available money saving resources, a jumbo pack of Huggies can range from FREE to 3.00 a pack!! Just this week I got 2 FREE jumbo packs.

Just today I discovered that at Huggies.com, there is a reward program. Specifically marked packages of their diapers have a code printed on the inside of the package. You can redeem the codes for "points" online. The points can be used in their online Rewards Store to buy things like toys, food, baby clothes etc. Its very easy to sign up and navigate. I even got a free Huggies onsie for singing up.

After singing up in the rewards program I realized that I had 3 new packs of the new Little Mover Slip-On Huggies that I wanted to get the codes out of. After opening all 3 packs, no codes were anywhere to be found :-( I called the manufacturer's phone number that was listed literally on the outside of the package. To make a long story short, within a half hour I had all my missing codes mailed to me. Sometimes it literally "pays" to complain.


P.S. Aren't these cute?! I will definitely try to get a few of these for free this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment